Radial Engineering/Primacoustic is based in Port Coquitlam, BC, a short drive from Vancouver. Radial has a longstanding reputation for bringing reliable and tough-as-nails problem solvers to the professional audio and musical instrument market, which means you will see Radial products on stages and in studios world-wide. The Primacoustic division manufactures acoustic treatment products for recording studios, venues, restaurants, boardrooms, house of worship, home theater, and all types of commercial spaces.
With approximately 100 employees, Radial boasts in-house research and development, engineering, production, sales and marketing. An extensive network of dealers and distributors makes Radial and Primacoustic products available around the world. We are known as an industry standard in many areas of professional audio.
To support our growth, we are looking to fill a position on our Technical Support Team. This role will primarily focus on the Primacoustic division, but all team members are cross-trained to support both Primacoustic and Radial. The role reports directly to the Product Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities…about the role
- Be known as an expert in room acoustics any type of space.
- Assist in-house sales reps with dealer inquiries.
- Provide customer support and technical advice to end users and dealers worldwide.
- Prepare quotes for acoustic treatment for all types of rooms.
- Assist customers with placement of acoustic materials to achieve optimal results.
- Prepare visual acoustic treatment layouts using graphic design software (Sketchup).
- Provide backup technical support for Radial Engineering’s professional audio products.
- Be part of the product development group – help to create new products based on customer needs.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend industry trade shows or to provide training for select dealers.
Key Skills and Qualifications…about our requirements
- Post-secondary education specializing in Acoustics, Audio Engineering, or a related field.
- A background in professional audio – live sound, recording studios, AV installations, etc.
- A basic knowledge of acoustics – additional training will be provided.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Some experience in graphic design would be beneficial, but not required. We will provide training for Sketchup.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across various cross-functional teams.
- A customer service background is a bonus. This role is customer facing and you will be communicating with many types of people on a daily basis.
Key Competencies…about you
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Top-notch interpersonal and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Sound ability to prioritize issues and manage and drive multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented, procedural in work flow, aptitude for accuracy
- Possess a strong can do attitude and take hands on approach to deliver superior results
Work Environment…about us
- Radial Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
- Comprehensive health benefits program.
- Company matched RRSP deductions.
- We have created a work environment filled with fun people who are great at their jobs. Most of our employees are long-term and passionate about the industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.