As with all acoustic installations, deciding upon the amount of absorption is usually determined by the combination of available space, room design, and budget. Most rooms improve with 15% wall coverage and sound great with about 25% coverage. The wall coverage is the total wall space (height x width) in which the panels will be used. For instance, if you have a room that is 20’x20′ (6.5mx6.5m) or 400 sq-ft (40 sq-m) with 12ft (4m) high walls, you will require 240 sq-ft (24sq-m) of absorption for optimal performance.
Because Paintable ceiling clouds and baffles absorb energy on both sides of the panel, they are much more efficient than wall mounted panels. This means that you can likely get away with half this much or 120 sq-ft of absorptive clouds. A 4′ Cirrus cloud gives you 12.5′ of coverage, meaning that ten 4′ Cirrus clouds will easily do the job.
When suspending the Cirrus Clouds from the ceiling, keep obstacles such as HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) in mind as the clouds can obstruct their performance. You also need to consider lighting. Low heat lights above the Clouds can bring dramatic effects to the room while eliminating harsh direct lighting.
Horizontal Cloud Installation
Use four Helix™ anchors per panel. Mark the mounting locations for each anchor between 4″ and 6″ from the edges of the panel, and be sure to match the mounting locations on your ceiling. The wires should hang straight down from the ceiling to the Helix anchors, never on an angle.
1) With the panel face down, push and twist the panel anchor into the panel until it breaks through the coating and is flush with the panel.
2) Connect the SlipNot™ wire to the anchor by clipping the hook through the opening on the Helix anchors.
3) The SlipNot hook should be securely closed around the anchor. Once the panel is suspended from the ceiling, push in the button at the top of the SlipNot to release the wire. Pull wire through to the desired height
Vertical Baffle Installation
Use two Corkscrew™ anchors per panel. Mark the mounting locations for each anchor at least 12″ apart to ensure proper support when hanging. Be sure to match the mounting location on your ceiling. The wires should hang straight down from the ceiling to the Corkscrew anchors, never on an angle.
1) Carefully center the Corkscrew on the edge of the panel. Twist and push the anchor into the edge until it breaks through the coating and is flush with the panel. Be sure to keep the anchor as straight as possible to avoid pushing through the face of the panel.
2) Connect the SlipNot wire to the anchor by clipping the hook through the opening on the Corkscrew anchor.
3) The SlipNot hook should be securely closed around the anchor. Once the panel is suspended from the ceiling, push in the button at the top of the SlipNot hook to release the wire. Pull wire through to the desired height
Wall Panel Installation
Use four Surface Impalers™ per panel. Screw the Impalers to the wall using the appropriate anchors for your surface. It is a good idea to mark the location of the panel on the wall, then make sure each Impaler is 4″ to 6″ from all outside edges. Mark a line on the wall 1″ above the desired location of the bottom edge of the panel.
1) Line panel up to the Impaler clips so that the bottom edge is 1″ above its desired location.
2) Carefully align panel with all of the Impaler darts. Try to rest the panel against all of the Impalers evenly, as it will make it easier to align.
3) Push panel downward and inward simultaneously. Use a level or the edge of another mounted panel to ensure even placement. If alignment is off, the panel may be nudged up to 1/4″ to make it level.